- Where is your office? - My office is your living room. I do not have a standing hospital.
- Where do you examine the pet? - large dogs can be on the floor, small dogs I may use a table in the home, cats I will typically examine in a bathroom (helps to prevent escapes).
- What if my dog or cat is nervous with strangers? I will tailor my exam to your pet’s needs and try to make the experience enjoyable.
- Do you do surgery on pets? - no, if your pet needs surgery, dental care or hospitalization I will refer you to the veterinary office of your choice.
- My pet has had reactions to vaccines in the past can they still be vaccinated at home? - I recommend any pet with a history of vaccine reaction (swelling, vomiting or trouble breathing) to be seen at a full service hospital.
- What if my pet has an emergency? - Emergency visits are not appropriate for my housecall practice, if your pet cannot breathe, has collapsed, had a seizure, trauma or profuse bleeding please take your pet to the nearest open veterinary hospital. I can certainly help to do follow up care as needed. Click
Dr. Coughlin will be unavailable for appointments from February 13th until March 16th.